html 5 sdk

Monday, February 10, 2014

Injinji Toe Sock Review

In normal life my socks drive me crazy. When putting socks on I am constantly adjusting them, hoping that the next tweak will feel just right and allow me to finally put my shoe on.  I can feel every seam, lint ball, thorn, or--god forbid--pebble, and am never completely satisfied with the feel. It is probably correct to say that my shoes go on when I give up as opposed to when I achieve success.  
The prospect of running an obstacle course race with a sock full of mud and dirt was a litte more than this OCD obstacle course racer (an OCD OCR?) could fathom. However, the solution came in the form of Injinji toe socks.  Toe socks wrap each toe in fabric in the same way a glove does your hands.  I never even knew these things existed! Admittedly, they took a little getting used to when I first put them on but they were completely forgotten once on the rainy and cold Spartan Sprint Malibu course.  The wicking materials did their job and I was able to get through the race blister free.  I also never had that annoying feeling of dirt between my toes.  They come in different weights (thin, light, running versions through thicker trail or sport) and cuts (no-show through crew). Cost is about $12. www.injinji.com

No comments:

Post a Comment